Crews are still on the scene of a fire at 3rd Street and Manning Boulevard. Our Erin Connolly has the latest.
ALBANY, N.Y. -- Firefighters in Albany braved the cold and snow to put out an early morning fire on Friday.
It happened at an auto repair shop at Third Street and Manning Boulevard around 4 a.m. People inside the building called firefighters after noticing smoke near the office.
The construction of the roof forced fire crews to extinguish the flames from outside the building. After a few hours, the fire was under control.
According to the chief, snow and freezing conditions were definitely a challenge.
"The building is very deep. We had a problem just walking through the snow, dragging a line through the snow, and raising ladders," explained Acting Albany Fire Chief Warren Abriel.
A CDTA bus was used as a warming station for crews working on the fire. Fortunately, nobody was injured.