UNITED STATES -- A Capital Region native has died in Maryland after he was shocked while putting up Christmas lights.
Jason Byrnes, 34, who was born in Amsterdam, was hanging lights at a neighbor's home back on December 16th and was shocked when the ladder he was standing on was touched by an electrical wire. He died shortly after arriving at the hospital.
Byrnes grew up in the Capital Region and was a graduate of Schalmont High School. He still has family in the area. He was also a former member of the New York Army National Guard.
Calling hours will be this Sunday at the DeMarco-Stone Funeral Home in Rotterdam, which will be followed by a private burial.